I am so honoured and grateful to have been nominated for the Liebster award by Found this Painted that, an inspiring blog about how to decorate your home on a small budget. I have also been nominated by the talented Kat who blogs about her jouney to becoming a full time designer
To begin with, I had absolutely no clue what this award is. I was just so happy someone liked my blog enough to nominate me! After doing some research I found out that The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s a way for the blogging community to share the love and to give a blogger some recognition. Liebster is a German word meaning endearing, beloved, dearest. I do feel the love after being nominated!
For me, I think this is what the award really is about. It’s the gift of one blogger to another to make them feel special through recognition and a sense of belonging by being part of a supportive community.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to them in your post.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Note: (These are the “rules” but please feel free to do as you wish. If you have 5 bloggers to nominate instead of 11, and you can only think of 7 random facts about yourself – that’s perfectly fine! )
Questions from Found this Painted that:
1. If you were a superhero, what would your powers be?
Teleportation without doubt!
2. What colour is your bedroom?
Cream and blue
3. What’s your idea of the best gift to give?
love and respect
4. If you could only choose one, would you be beautiful or smart?
5. What’s the longest amount of time you were away from your home?
I travel a lot. I have been away for 3 months and will be for another 3, but where I am not feels like home.
6. What do you consider to be the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Hmm tough one. I would say starting over at 40. A new career, a new business and dating ;p
7. When are you most creative? A.M or P.M.
8. Ocean or mountains?
9. Book or computer?
10. Dog or cat?
11. Coffee or tea?
11 random Facts about me:
1. My star sign is Leo
2. I have completed the 60 day insanity challenge
3. I am left handed
4. Ive been vegetarian for 25 years
5. I just signed up for online dating ;p
6. I love to dance
7. I secretly have desires to be a street artist
8. I’m allergic to MSG
9. I’m a night owl
10. I love nutella
11. Harem trousers and my equivalent of joggers
Questions from me:
1. If you could choose, where in the world would you live?
2. What is your favourite food?
3. What is your favourite colour?
4. What inspires you?
5. How long have you been blogging?
6. Why do you blog?
7. What makes you happy?
8. What is your style?
9. Who is your favourite author/artist
10. Day or night?
11. What is your proudest achievement or moment?
Blogs I nominate:
- A wright disaster – a witty dating blog based on the Jacqui’s personal experience
- Life and Portraits – Due to an illness, Doron discovered the joys of painting
- Evelyn Yee – A talented sketcher and designer